Auldgirth Slope Remediation Work
Emergency works to repair a landslip beneath the railway between Kilmarnock and Dumfries.
Emergency works to repair a landslip beneath the railway between Kilmarnock and Dumfries near Auldgirth.
The section of line was closed after storms caused the River Nith to erode an embankment beneath the railway.
The work involved repair to a 1,700 ton landslip beneath a 50m stretch of track near Auldgirth in Dumfriesshire.
- Establish Site Compound
- Cut in haul road to slip area.
- Remove slip materials off site
- Install 2,400T of new Rock Armour.
- Install 1,700T of new Gabion Stone
- Install new cable trough route
- Reinstall fencing and upgrade existing access route