Dundee Train Station
Formwork and Reinforcement works to concrete structures at the new Dundee Train Station.
Westlin Rail were appointed as formwork and reinforcement contractor by Balfour Beatty for the Dundee Train Station development which included the Rail Concourse, Hotel and Plaza structures.
The works to the existing platform were carried out during 24 hour working whilst maximising rail possession times throughout the week and at weekends.
- Construction of a new reinforced concrete bridge deck over the exposed railway line whilst minimising disruption to the operating track below.
- Installation of circa 400 tonnes of tied in situ reinforcement
- Installation of EMJ permanent bridge formwork
- Pre Fabrication & Installation of various types of formwork including beamform, timber and proprietary formworks system
- Erection and Installation of RMD cantilever walkways