Lawn Lane Embanment
Works to improve the overall stability of the Lawn Lane embankment on the East Coast Mainline
Following tender negotiations with the QTS Group, Westlin Rail were appointed as the successful civils contractor to undertake the necessary works to improve the overall stability of the Lawn Lane embankment on the East Coast Mainline.
This was achieved by constructing a full height granular berm on both up and down rail embankments where track monitoring and investigation had previously indicated movement.
- Initial and ongoing track monitoring to identify any movement during works.
- Safe system of work incorporating Vortok fencing and COSS management where required.
- Install Access roads to working area whilst ensuring third party land is protected and accessible at all times
- Installation of 20,000 ton of Class 1A material, 12,500m2 badger netting and top soil covering in accordance with NWR standard details
- Removal of access roads which were restored to initial condition pre-works