Emergency works to repair a cascade that had failed
Emergency works to repair a cascade that had failed and was causing erosion of the embankment beneath the railway on the Stranraer line between Girvan and Pinmore.
The work involved repair to a 30m stretch of cascade from the culvert outlet. The access restrictions which meant no access from the track required an innovative use of Soluform Concrete Bags and Concrete Canvas to provide a solution that was
More than 10 pallets of materials where deliver to site which had to be transported manually to the work site. The culvert was diverted in order to complete the repair work.
- Establish Site Compound
- Off load materials and manually transport to work site.
- Remove redundant materials off site
- Install 1000no bags of Soluform Concrete.
- Install 180m2 of Concrete Canvas
- Divert nearby water course